Technician - Endoscopy
Company: Oaklawn Hospital
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Summary: Performs scrub duties and assists the physicians
with endoscopy procedures.
- Consistently performs using an outward mindset and puts forth
exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a
manner that helps others to achieve their goals and
- Sets up procedure rooms with equipment and supplies according
to physician preferences and the procedure being done.
- Cleans rooms between procedures.
- Is responsible for Inventories, orders and re-stocks rooms with
- Assists in cleaning, processing contaminated scopes and
instruments according to Endoscopy Department policy and
- Assists in connecting patient to cardiac monitor: BP cuff, EKG
leads, and Pulse oximeter.
- Assists physician with specimen collection, labeling and
- Understands operation, function and handling of equipment
according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Performs clerical duties as needed.
- Assures equipment is functioning before use.
- Assist physicians with diagnostics and therapeutic endoscopy
procedures.Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or
commensurate combination of educations and experience. BLS
certification.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Effective
communication skills and a commitment to providing excellent
patient service and professionalism. Computer skills. Requires
mental alertness and critical thinking under stressful situations.
Requires stamina to work in a fast-paced environment.
Working Conditions: Procedures are done in dimly lit rooms and must
be able to see specimens in low light. Incumbent will be exposed to
virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working
environment Incumbent may experience traumatic situations including
Physical Requirements: Constantly stand, walk, see/visual acuity,
handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Frequently
sit, reach, push/pull, bend/twist, lift/carry 25 to 49 lbs.
Occasionally lift/carry 50+ lbs.
Keywords: Oaklawn Hospital, Kalamazoo , Technician - Endoscopy, Professions , Marshall, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!