Licensed Veterinary Technician - Feline Specialist
Company: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company,
providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients
across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer,
healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water
you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the
biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply
are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is
accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food,
environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in
agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent
market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for
genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced
material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in
Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than
900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more
than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000
analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition,
authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological
substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical
diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging
players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR --- 4.56 billion,
and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the
past 20 years.
- Provide animal and research technical support services in a
laboratory and vivarium environment
- Ability to follow and comply with all Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) associated with laboratory procedures and study
- Perform study related activities including record keeping, data
acquisition and analysis, sample handling and preparation, clinical
observations, dosing, animal handling and necropsy.
- Proficient with laboratory techniques (i.e. pipetting) and data
management including computer skills (i.e. excel, word)
- Provides communication with and assistance to researcher,
technicians, and manager.
- Rodent and small animal experience:
- Must have knowledge, comfort, and competence working with in a
- *Preferably dosing (IV, SQ, IM) and blood sampling
- Working knowledge of animal behaviors
- Competence analyzing data and ability to recognize normal or
- Understands the biomedical necessity of laboratory animal
research and endpoints.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician Degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated math and reading comprehension required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word,
- Ability to develop and maintain effective trust and working
relationship with client.
- Availability for weekend work (every other weekend)
- Work environment: this position works in animal research
facilities handling research animals and may be exposed to animal
wastes, chemicals, and biologics. Work will be conducted in lab,
office, and animal housing facilities.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work may require prolonged periods of standing, stooping, and
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00
PM, including every-other-weekend. Candidates currently living
within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, Kalamazoo , Licensed Veterinary Technician - Feline Specialist, Professions , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!