Company: Viking Group
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description1st Shift Opportunity! We're seeking to hire a
Maintenance Technician in our Hastings facility. This position has
direct responsibility for ensuring continuous operation of
Automated Assembly lines, including both mechanical and electrical
systems, robots, and machining centers. You will work directly with
line operators, and alternate shift Maintenance Technicians,
engineering and maintenance teams to continuously improve
operations. Provides clear communication and data to
cross-functional team as required to solve production
- Ensures system is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance on cell equipment.
- Supports production through improvement of automated equipment,
operations and troubleshooting as needed.
- Uses troubleshooting skills to methodically resolve a
- Communicates trends in issues contributing to downtime or
quality to supervision and support team, including engineering and
- Perform basic functions to adjust and troubleshoot robot
- Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment such as but not limited to
motors, relays, switches, sensors, and programmable logic
- Reference equipment drawings and manuals to assist with
- Replaces faulty components of machine such as relays, switches,
motors, ball screws positions sensing devices, etc.
- Works with maintenance to ensure crib stock supply.
- Assists Systems Technicians in production as needed.
- Coordinates with tool room to fabricate equipment replacement
parts and process improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years related experience and/or training.
- Strong knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical
and other automation devices required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of failure analysis and detection of failure modes to
prevent equipment breakdown.
- Journeyman or 3 to 5 years machine repair experience
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to read blueprints and equipment manuals to
troubleshoot and repair equipment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Viking Group, Kalamazoo , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Hastings, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!