Principal Electrical Engineering Lead
Company: bb7 product development
Posted on: August 7, 2022
As a Principal Electrical Engineering Lead in Orthopedic
Instruments, you will provide leadership and technical direction to
the greater R&D Electrical program team for assigned projects
including establishing project plans and identifying critical paths
with risk mitigation plans to ensure successful execution of
projects. Perform a wide variety of technical work in planning and
design of products and/or components which will lead to new or
improved products/product lines under marketing, cost, time, and
regulatory constraints.Technical Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor electrical engineering technical team in design
and development of components, sub-systems, and/or systems for
- Apply and mentor others on advanced engineering theories,
principles, and concepts across various products within
- Provide leadership, mentoring and performance feedback to more
junior engineers and technicians.
- Assess and integrate new technologies and capabilities
(prototyping, testing, et.al.) for the organization.
- Guide the successful completion of major programs, including
indirect oversight of the designs of electronic circuit and/or
components of high complexity, through feasibility assessment,
requirements capture, part selection, schematics capture,
simulation, performing or guiding layout, board bring-up & test,
and software integration, design for EMC and manufacturability
- Navigate and influence the Intellectual landscape for filings
- Develop and influence a number of invention disclosures,
patents or trade secrets.Business Responsibilities:
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the industry and competitive
- Partner with customers, internal and external key opinion
leaders to develop technical strategies that meet clinical
- Strategize and execute customer-facing activities like voice of
customer and customer centric design across the business.
- Collaborate on financial /business modeling and support
business reviews to validate a technical approach.Med Device
- Divisional expert with extensive experience applying industry
standards in device development.
- Act as independent reviewer and advisor for the creation or
refinement of engineering documentation, such as the Design History
- Lead the development of standards and regulations, working
closely with functions within and across business.General
- Lead cooperative efforts with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing,
Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure
- Lead and support team members to create or improve procedures,
policies, processes, systems, and technology requirements.
- Develop and utilize tools to enhance the company's
product/process development or performance.
- Mentor and grow technical talent within
- Hold team accountable to deliver high quality results with
passion, energy, and drive to meet business priorities.
- Mentor, develop and influence across the business,
intentionally building divisional relationships.What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related
- 8+ years of electrical design and product development
- Ability to lead and teach electrical engineers in electrical
- Advanced understanding of the design of complex components and
- Ability to apply advanced circuit and electrical system test
methods. Preferred Qualifications: (Although this is a lead role,
this individual will not have direct reports to manage)
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing and testing
- Ability to apply standard technologies used in industry.
- Advanced understanding of the interplay between system
requirements (EE, ME, SW).
- Ability to perform complex system level stack-ups including
mechanical, software, and other inputs.
- Experience with advanced circuit design techniques and theories
with experience in analog, digital, mixed-signal, motor control,
motor design and/or power electronics.
- Experience in autoclavable electro-mechanical designs.
- Expertise in battery management systems and related circuitry
and algorithms, including state of health, state of charge, cell
balancing, and charging.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the IEC 60601-x
Keywords: bb7 product development, Kalamazoo , Principal Electrical Engineering Lead, Professions , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!