Slaughter Production Supervisor, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa
Company: National Beef Packing Co., LLC
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Find your future at Iowa Premium! I owa Premium, a National Beef
Company in Tama, Iowa, is seeking to hire a qualified professional
to join our team as a Slaughter Production Supervisor. With
competitive pay and benefits, safe and stable work, and an
environment that is caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could
become your next career move! Apply Today! Competitive wages and
- Family-friendly benefits including health, vision and
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Meat Purchase Sales
- Paid Life InsuranceFor more information on Iowa Premium, click
here! Job Summary for the Slaughter Production Supervisor
position:Responsible for maintaining high production, quality, and
yields while ensuring the safest working environment possible. This
position requires an essential understanding and control of the
production process, accurate record keeping, and general line
maintenance and staffing. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise all production activities in accordance with plant
policies, programs, and standards concerning safety, quality,
productivity and cost.
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for
the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good
- Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and
procedures that are in compliance with plant and regulatory
- Actively promote adherence to plant Quality, Sanitation, GMP
and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality
- Manage staffing levels to current labor standards
- Assign responsibilities to team members, as required to meet
planned production schedules.
- Coordinate the proper training of team members within the
- Apply disciplinary actions in accordance with plant policies
- Investigate production delays and takes corrective action as
- Keep management informed of the status of production and
promptly notify management of issues impacting production.
- Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold
products with appropriate plant personnel.
- Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and
- Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as
- Perform other duties as instructed by Superintendent and
Slaughter ManagerThis is a safety sensitive position. This is not a
remote position.JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS for the
Slaughter Production Supervisor Position:Education: High School
Diploma - helpful but not necessary Skills:
- Strong leadership skills
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing supervisory experience.
Bachelor s degree preferred.
- Professional experience within packaging/food products
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies,
- Experience working with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others,
demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective
and timely decisions.
- Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with
a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the
ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a
- Strong safety and performance recordIowa Premium, a National
Beef Company, is dedicated to being the premier supplier of premium
family farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key
to our success. Come join our family!
Keywords: National Beef Packing Co., LLC, Kalamazoo , Slaughter Production Supervisor, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa, Professions , Plainwell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!