2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
Company: Miller Poultry
Posted on: January 23, 2023
With our roots in northeast Indiana, we are a family-owned
company that has been raising and processing chickens with the help
of local farmers since the early '40s. Since our start all those
years ago, we have been dedicated to producing both organic and
all-natural, high-quality chicken, with strict animal welfare
standards and the highest quality. We specialize in premium,
wholesome, and great-tasting chicken, and you can find our chicken
at grocery stores like Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Meijer, and many
smaller regional stores. While we have grown, we have continued our
dedication to quality, and to keeping our valued employees safe
during these trying times, because without them none of it would be
possible. If you are looking for a company that stands by its
employees and treats them like family, we continue to seek members
to be part of our team.JOB SUMMARY:Are you a mechanically-inclined
individual that enjoys working on machinery? Our Maintenance
department needs your skills and trades. Our department has
full-time and part-time positions available. Our maintenance
technicians are responsible for maintaining, diagnosing, repairing,
and performing preventative maintenance. Basic knowledge of all
maintenance functions including welding, general plumbing,
mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical. Lubricate machinery, change
parts, or perform other routine machinery maintenance. All
candidates are required to complete a maintenance test.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine
efficiency and detect problems.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, mark defective areas or
advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines,
machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments,
according to production specifications.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and
equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines,
machine parts, or equipment.
- Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment, and other
supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and other refuse to
maintain machinery and work areas.
- Know and follow Miller Poultry Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
- Know all plant rules and GMPs
- Knowledge of safety rules
- Knowledge of first aid program
- Must know and pass all tests for Confined Space Entry, Hot Work
Permit program, pallet jack, forklift, scissor lift, and LOTO
- Must know animal welfare rules
- Able to perform NELS checks100% of our operations are located
in the surrounding communities of northeast Indiana and southern
Michigan. At Miller Poultry, our employees enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Full-time schedule
- Great health, vision, and dental insurance
- Employee store with a discount on Miller Poultry products
- State-of-the-art facilities and the latest technologyIf you are
ambitious and take pride in your work, we are the employer for you.
As we continue to grow, opportunities for advancement are endless!
Keywords: Miller Poultry, Kalamazoo , 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician, Professions , Orland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!