Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level
What s the Job?
Ready to accelerate your career while helping our customers move
forward? As a Technician at Penske, you ll do exactly that. Here,
you ll do preventative maintenance and minor repairs on the newest
and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will
help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the
Whether you re looking for your first job out of school or have
some vehicle repair experience and are looking to switch gears,
becoming a Penske Technician may be a great fit for you.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, no day is the same. You ll
get to work on lots of different types of equipment not just one
manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make
sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and
reliability are our top priorities.
Working alongside experienced supervisors and master technicians,
we ll teach you about our vehicle maintenance processes and the
cutting-edge technology we use. And we will make sure you are
getting the industry certified training you need to succeed and
grow your career. You ll learn from the best in the industry. We
also take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you
with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle
repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable
career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our
- Using Penske s tools and technologies to log, research and
complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
- Doing preventative maintenance repairs like replacing or
rotating tires and completing vehicle component lubrication and
replacement, some electrical system repairs, and cooling system
maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles
- Partnering with your manager to learn new skills using Penske s
technician training and hands-on coaching
- Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by
Why Penske is for You:
- We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great
- This position, at this location, offers shift differentials
that will vary based on second shift (starting after 11am) or third
shift (starting after 9pm) and weekend work.
- This position, at this location, also offers individuals who
hold a current and valid CDL will be eligible for a $2.00/hourly
- Penske offers ongoing skills training for to our maintenance
associates, so you can grow your career!
- Career stability
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including paid time-off
- Strong, well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment
(Penske s Technician Certification Program is certified as a
Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
- Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
- Location and schedule flexibility
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; vocational or
technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
- Basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel
repair experience (preferred)
- Valid driver s license required
- The ability to solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills and communication
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Willing to work in non-climate-controlled conditions
- Basic computer skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district
(customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work
the required schedule, work at the specific location required,
complete Penske employment application, submit to a background
screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and
education) and pass a drug screening.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The associate will be required to remember and understand
certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The
associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you re joining a team that cares about doing
its best. At each location, there s a strong sense of teamwork. We
re all working together to move our customers forward. That s true
for the 11,000+ vehicle repair associates who are working at
hundreds of locations across the United States.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske s
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Kalamazoo , Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level, Professions , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!