Senior Business Analyst
Company: Amerifirst Home Mortgage
Posted on: November 12, 2019
The Senior Business Analyst will work as a liaison between vendors
and business units in order to understand and analyze business
needs. Works as part of a project team to identify and define the
best solutions to business problems and communicate business
requirements and processes to improve efficiencies.
The Senior Business Analyst possesses the following traits:
Resourceful, Confident, Good Communicator, In-depth knowledge of 1
or more business units, Good Presence, Positive Attitude,
Coachable, Curiosity, Eager to learn, Ability to work independently
on smaller projects, Mentor, Bring ideas to improve our process &
business analysts, Can before Can't mindset, Hold Effective
meetings, Build relationships, Active Listener, Comfort in
presenting to smaller groups.
We Change lives, lets start with yours.
Buying a home really does change peoples lives, and we are making a
meaningful difference in our communities every day. We specialize
in helping first time home buyers achieve their dream of
homeownership. If those things resonate with you, you'll never find
a better home than Amerifirst.
Learn more about what it means to be a part of a purpose-drive team
that takes it's core values and mission to heart.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as liaison between vendors and business units to define,
document and review business requirements.
- Assist in coordination and management of vendor projects and
- Collaborate with business units to investigate and understand
the business needs, problems and opportunities.
- Develop business requirements for new solutions.
- Write requirement scripts.
- Coordinate testing and implementation of new solutions with
- Validate solutions against business objectives and defined
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems and make recommendations for
- Manage day-to-day processes with line of business specific
- Identify process improvements and best practices to improve
- Utilize tools to effectively communicate task completion and
- Participate in and contribute to line of business specific
applications vendor User Groups.
- Complete annual BSA/AML training and all other compliance
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Job Specific Competencies
- Possesses the technical skills and knowledge required to
perform essential tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to train or coach
others in the technical arena.Customer Focus
- Personally demonstrates that external (or internal) customers
are a high priority.
- Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them
in a timely and effective manner.
- Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can
adversely affect the customer.
- Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions
and inquires about customer satisfaction with products or
- Communicates accurately, effectively, appropriately and with a
- Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as
the best way to get that accomplished.
- Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone
for the situation and audience.
- Listens to others.Evaluating New Technologies
- Identifies the need for new technology
- Thoroughly assesses features, risks and benefits of
alternatives, and matches new technologies to existing
organizational skills and practices.Implementing New Technologies
- Tends to identify and apply the steps and approaches needed to
implement and integrate new technology in a manner.
- Gains quick acceptance from stakeholders while minimizing
disruptions to day-to-day work requirements.Application of New
- Makes it a point to put new skills and knowledge to use on the
job in a timely and effective manner.
- Applies new skills on the job before forgetting what was
- Ensures that these skills are used to create a positive impact
on a day-to-day basis.Positive Outlook
- Tends to stay positive, even when others sound negative or
struggle to remain upbeat.
- Sees and provides others with concrete reasons to believe that
things will work out well.
- Notices and acknowledges things that are going well, especially
during stressful times.Preferred Education
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related fieldPreferred Level
- 4 years' experience in mortgage industry and working with
associated line of business specific applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Abilities1. Creative problem-solving skills.2. Natural
curiosity with willingness to take initiative to investigate and
resolve issues.3. Customer service driven in a fast paced
environment.4. Analytical thinking.5. Approachability with strong
verbal and written communication skills.6. Advanced knowledge &
understanding of line of business specific applications.7.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products.8. Prioritization with
multiple projects while adhering to deadlines.9. Time management
and organization skills.10. Understands the SLDC Process.11.
Functional, non-functional and implementation requirements for
projects.12.Ability to break project work down.13. Understands the
Characteristics of effective requirements.14. Can create business
review documents.15. Understands the different types of testing
(Unit, Functional, Non - Functional).16. Ability to create a basic
test plan along with basic test scenarios and test cases.17.
Understanding of Administration settings on all technology
platforms.18. Understanding the project portfolio.19. Strategic
Enterprise analysis (how does this project fit into what we're
trying to do).20. Defining a solution vision and scope for
projects.21. Conducting a outcomes workshops (goals, retro,
etc.).22. Validating solution scope against expect outcomes.23.
Understands requirements vs specifications.24. Understands
requirements vs business rules.25. Can create risk management and
risk response strategies for projects.26. Creates a plan for all
affected parties regarding changes to their area based on new
projects going on.27. Understands 2 or more elicitation
techniques.28. Validation and verification of expected outcomes on
projects.29. Basic Process Mapping.30. Ability to write basic User
Stories.31. Ability to create an in-depth master test plan.32.
Ability to create in-depth test scenarios and test cases.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Amerifirst is an equal opportunity
employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment for all employees, including, but not limited to
Amerifirst' s commitment to recruit, hire, employ, train,
compensate and promote persons in all job classifications without
discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, marital status, military or veteran
status, height, weight, genetic information or any other
classification protected by state, federal, or local law.
Keywords: Amerifirst Home Mortgage, Kalamazoo , Senior Business Analyst, Professions , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!