Automotive Sales Professional
Company: DeNooyer Automotive Group
Posted on: February 13, 2020
An Automotive Sales Consultant sells automobiles by creating a fun,
welcoming, and helpful experience for our guests.-- This is done by
understanding customer needs and demonstrating characteristics,
capabilities, and features of vehicles to meet those needs.--
Consultants are also responsible for developing customers as well
as closing sales, and follow-up. Benefits include: a competitive
pay plan, health insurance, dental, 401(k), and paid time off. As
well as training opportunities.
* Ability to read, speak, and write English in order fulfill job
functions in an understandable way
* Ability to operate a computer and telephone system
* Excellent oral and written communication skills - You'll be
chatting with a lot of people, writing a lot of emails, and taking
a lot of video!
* Valid and insurable driver's license - Gotta have that! We do a
lot of driving
* High school diploma or equivalent
* High level of optimism and fearless confidence even in the face
of rejection - You'll definitely hear more No's than Yes's.-- But
the yes's make it oh-so-worth-it.
* Desire to assist others
* Team oriented - We want everyone to be successful!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrate high moral and ethical standards in all aspects -
We're not the stereotypical salespeople here!
* Self-motivate to achieve performance and sales goals.-- If you
want a career that you can treat like your own business, this might
be right for you.
* Maintain dealership established minimum sales per month
* Maintain daily minimum appointment metrics- Can't sell anything
if you're not talking to anyone!
* Maintain customer satisfaction scores at or above company
standard.-- Service with a smile - some may call it "pathological
* Utilize dealership tools to maintain current product knowledge by
studying characteristics, capabilities, and features; comparing and
contrasting competitive models - You need to know your stuff, but
we'll help with that!
* Maintain manufacturer certifications by completing all required
trainings and tests.-- Bring popcorn.-- This generally involves a
lot of video time, especially out of the gate.
* Update job and industry knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities including but not limited to: professional
publications, online trainings, and in-person professional training
* Effectively take each client through the Road to the Sale
* Develop business by maintaining rapport with previous customers;
suggesting trade-ins; utilizing community events as business
networking opportunities; responding to inquiries
* Maintain a competent, professional, and positive attitude and
persona whether on the phone or in a face to face interaction with
* Maintain and build customer relationships by proactively
addressing customer concerns before and after the sale - We're not
done even when the ink is dry!
* Monitor client accounts through equity mining software and reach
out to customers with appropriate opportunities
* Actively assist any guest that needs help
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure that work and customer areas are kept clean - Bright and
shiny just like our cars!
* Ensure inventory is always fresh and presentable --
* Enhance dealership reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.-- We encourage you to be
* Take advantage of training when available
* All other duties as assigned - Can't forget that one!
* Relating positively with diverse groups of people (customers and
staff).-- We may not always get along, but respect and kindness are
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.--
Front of the lot, back of the lot. Back to the front of the lot.--
Rinse and repeat.
* Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and stretch.
* Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.-- The big car bows are
heavier than you might think.
* Ability to work in conditions such as: varying temperatures and
weather elements; noise, dust, and fumes - You know, the usual
stuff involved with cars.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends - But not
We love our customers and employees and DeNooyer Automotive Family
happily offers services and employment opportunities without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height,
weight, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: DeNooyer Automotive Group, Kalamazoo , Automotive Sales Professional, Sales , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!