Specialty Gas Sales Specialist
Company: Airgas Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Title: Specialty Gas Sales SpecialistIdeal candidate
will be located around one of the below locations:
- Lansing, MI
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Midland, MI
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Elkhart, IN
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?The Specialty Gas Sales Specialist
is responsible for driving growth of Specialty Gas Products to
existing and prospective customers. Through both direct sales and
in collaboration with area account managers, the Specialty Gas
Specialist is directly accountable for product management, market
growth and development to achieve business and sales objectives in
the assigned geography.
In particular, you will:
- Driving Specialty Gas sales within the assigned geography
through identification of key growth markets and / or products and
associated targets. Development and execution of a strategy to
capture that growth.
- Supporting account managers to drive the growth of Specialty
Gas sales within the account managers assigned portfolio.
- Maintaining solid working relationship with Account Managers,
District Managers and other Specialists in Region.
- Provide customers with the engineering, technical support,
training, and service for all your Specialty Gas needs.
- Establish a process for continuous and accurate market data
collection for customer sales and service needs, market trends and
- Utilize all necessary sales and marketing literature to promote
Airgas initiatives that are identified as part of the region growth
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product
knowledge through required training and self-directed research and
- Complete and turn in sales-related paperwork, including call
reports, month-end reports, reads and responds to email and phone
calls in a timely manner.
- Special projects and other duties as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
- Bachelor's degree in a engineering or related degree field
required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of
additional related experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 4 years of prior outside business-to-business
sales experience to include proven experience and success in
solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing
customers throughout a defined sales territory.
- Industry experience and industrial sales experience
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas
/ welding supply sales a plus.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation and ability to prioritize
the targeting of customers delivering the highest value to
- Proven success using a consultative sales approach providing
multiple layers of value to a customer to establish a mix sales
solutions and products
- Proven success of using their deep knowledge of customer's
business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends,
and potential new business opportunities.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral
communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills (i.e. Google and Microsoft Applications) with
ability to acclimate to a PC based order entry system and wireless,
handheld scanning device.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency;
ability to work and succeed independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum
liability insurance as required by state of vehicle
Your differences enhance our performanceAt Airgas, we are committed
to build a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the
diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community
stakeholders and cultures across the world.We welcome and consider
applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their
race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other
protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse
organization opens up opportunities for people to express their
talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our
ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our
success and creating an engaging environment in a changing
About AirgasAirgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S.
supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as
hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers
of safety products.Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000
associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success,
sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to
share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.Airgas is a
subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies
and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78
countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.Join us for
a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of learning and
development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of
what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: Airgas Inc., Kalamazoo , Specialty Gas Sales Specialist, Sales , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!