Purchasing Agent II
Company: Kaiser Aluminum Corporation
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The purpose of the Purchasing Agent II is to oversee and ensure
the use of standard purchasing practices for procurement at Kaiser
Aluminum. The Purchasing Agent II will provide a high level of
service while supporting plant and corporate requisitioners across
multiple sites, provide commercial support for projects, and be
responsible for purchasing terms, contract language, negotiations,
supplier management, cost tracking, and expediting as required.
Work shall be performed in compliance with all policies and
procedures, with an emphasis on accuracy and expeditiously to meet
departmental and plant needs and timelines.
The Purchasing Agent II essential functions include:
* Ensure purchase orders (PO's) are requisitioned and approved with
appropriate Delegation of Authority.
* Develop PO's per company policy for material purchases, services
contracts including professional and environmental, construction,
rentals, and equipment as required.
* Utilize existing templates for consistency in purchase order and
* Develops and sources suppliers to meet cost, quality and
* Prepares Bid Packages and solicits proposals from suppliers,
coordinating evaluation and selection with plant internal technical
representatives in accordance with Standard Operating
* Liaison between suppliers and internal plant personnel to obtain
product specifications or service information such as price,
availability, and delivery schedule.
* Facilitates conflict resolution to determine root cause and
* Monitor, document and manage supplier performance both formally
and informally to ensure highest levels of service and supply.
* Maintain records for purchase orders, contracts and suppliers in
accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
* Utilize Lean Manufacturing Tools and other Continuous Improvement
techniques to improve administrative processes, distribution, and
EDUCATION A Bachelor's Degree in business or technical field is
EXPERIENCE This individual will possess:
* A minimum of four years purchasing experience is preferred.
* Experience with purchasing expediting, contracting, and cost
* An ability to plan for and use resources efficiently, always
looking for ways to reduce costs.
* Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
* Self-motivated with internal drive to begin and complete tasks
without external prompting.
* Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
* Data analysis and presentation skills; ability to create accurate
and punctual reports.
* Proven ability to drive change in an organization, generate new
ideas, challenge the status quo, encourage innovation, solve
problems creatively, and support change.
* Analytical skills, an ability to understand underlying issues and
complex processes, and know the difference between critical details
and less important facts.
* An ability to work across multiple locations with a high degree
of detail and collaboration to support customers needs.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; good
* High attention to detail; will continuously look for improvements
and find root cause of quality problems.
* An ability to ensure commitments to customers and build customer
* Proven ability to work in teams, meet all responsibilities,
listen to others and value opinions, help others to meet goals, and
promote a team atmosphere.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Positive negotiation skills and the ability to stay focused on a
* Excellent decision making skills; will recognize problems and
respond, making timely decisions.
* Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, keeping
information organized and accessible.
* Strong PC skills, including Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Visio,
Access, and Excel.
About Kaiser Aluminum: Talented people join our team because we are
a company passionate about environmental sustainability, employee
growth, contributing back to our communities and championing a
diverse and inclusive culture. We are strongly committed to
expanding inclusion, equity, and diversity - how we hire, develop,
and inspire our diverse team members that reflects and relates to
the increasingly multicultural community.
Keywords: Kaiser Aluminum Corporation, Kalamazoo , Purchasing Agent II, Sales , Kalamazoo, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!